Trap counts have hit the high mark, according to a City of Winnipeg mosquito control update.
Fogging will start in areas of the city on Sunday evening as part of nuisance mosquito control.
More mosquitoes? Why Canadians could be seeing an uptick this summer and beyond
The areas include:
- Kilcona Park, River East, Springfield North, Valhalla
- Kildonan Drive, Rossmere A
- Eaglemere, Grassie, McLeod Industrial, North Transcona Yards, Springfield South, Valley Gardens
- Munroe West, Rossmere B
- Chalmers, Glenelm
- East Elmwood, Kildonan Crossing, Munroe East, Talbot Grey, Tyne Tees
- Griffin, Meadows, Peguis, Radisson, Regent, Victoria West
- Cantebury Park, Kern Park, Kildare Redonda, Transcona North
- Dugald, Melrose, Mission Gardens, Transcona South, Transcona Yards, St. Boniface Industrial Park
- Inkster – Faraday, Luxton, St. John’s, St. John’s Park
- Garden City, Leila – McPhillips Triangle, Margaret Park, Templeton – Sinclair
- Jefferson, Kildonan Park, Seven Oaks) (Amber Trails, Leila North, Riverbend, Rivergrove, Rosser – Old Kildonan, West Kildonan Industrial
Alex Jones ordered to pay Sandy Hook parents another $45.3M
Kim Kardashian, Pete Davidson broke up after 9 months of dating: reports
People can be put on a 90-meter buffer zone list if they don’t want their properties fogged.
Residents have until tomorrow to email or visit the city’s website to be added to the buffer zone list.
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.