Travel Hack to Save Money and Stay Healthy On The Go
Traveling as a healthy eater is certainly not easy. From processed airline foods to limited choices to take on board with you, it can be a challenge to eat healthy during your travels.
Nicole Renard on TikTok shared an easy hack to ensure that you can eat healthy no matter where you are.
@nicole_thenomad Saving $$ on bfast gives me extra for a treat & ensures at least one of my meals is healthy lol #travelhack #healthyliving #healthybreakfast #fyp ♬ Only girl in september – veggibeats
Instant oatmeal packets are so convenient to bring with you on the go. You can ask the stewardess for hot water to make your oatmeal, and you can even bring your favorite toppings such as granola, nuts, and dried fruit. Nicole also shared the idea of turning the oatmeal wrapper into a makeshift spoon if there’s none on board. Just make sure to store them in a completely sealed package or quart-size baggie to be allowed on the plane. And if you have a dreaded flight delay at an airport and find yourself starving, you’ll feel good knowing you’re prepared and don’t have to spend a fortune on a small meal or snack.
This tip won’t just save you money, but will also give your body something it’s used to, so you’ll feel well during your trip with plenty of energy.
Healthy eating keeps you looking and feeling your best, boosts mental focus, and supports your digestion, which is already under a bit of stress while you’re out of your usual routine. The next time you’re jetting off on a vacation or a road trip, you’ll be glad you remembered this hack!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of ours favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!